People migrate to Australia to have a better life. Before doing that, you need to apply for thePermanent Residency (PR) visa in order to be granted a right to live, work and study without limitation in Australia. ... This entitles you to the right to live in Australia indefinitely.
1. As a permanent resident, you will be given a permanent visa. This entitles you to the right to live in Australia indefinitely. You can enjoy the facilities of unlimited travel to and from Australia once you become a permanent resident. However, initially the permanent visa is given for a period of five years and has to be applied again from either outside Australia or from within the country.
2. On procuring permanent residentship, you also enjoy unlimited freedom to pursue the course of study that you prefer. Permanent residents have various options to choose when it comes to University education. There are certain education loans that are available only to permanent residents. These loans are extremely helpful in managing your financial crisis that may arise due to the additional expenses associated with your study.
3. The next important aspect of permanent residence is regarding work permit. Working in Australia becomes easier with a Permanent Resident Visa. Permanent residents can work for any employer in any occupation. But, working in the Public Service or Armed forces is strictly restricted to the Australian Citizens. This, however, does not distinguish the industrial laws between the permanent residents and citizens. Permanent residents enjoy the same benefits under these laws as the citizens. They can become a part of trade unions and can claim worker’s compensation.
4. As regards to social security, the permanent residents must hold on for a period of two years before they are entitled to receive social security benefits like sickness, unemployment and student benefits that are offered by Australia’s Social Security Department.
5. An important benefit that the permanent residents will enjoy is the health care entitlement. As a permanent resident of Australia, you will enjoy the privilege of health insurance scheme run by the government called Medicare. Under Medicare, you could receive free treatment at a public hospital and subsidized medicine.
6. Permanent residents can also sponsor their relatives for acquisition of permanent residence. But this is possible only after the applicant meets certain residence and support assurance pre-requisites.
7. Children of permanent residents who are born in Australia are deemed Australian citizens by birth. This will be one great advantage because they will enjoy the maximum benefits in the field of education and health care.
8. Permanent residents have the right to take up some professions in Australia like that of a migration agent or any government position.
9. The permanent resident of Australia is also granted the right to travel to New Zealand and apply for a New Zealand Visa. This is a provision that has been granted by the government of New Zealand.
10. The permanent resident of Australia has the right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas when things get a little rough abroad.
You can become a permanent resident of Australia by applying for and being granted a permanent visa that allows you to remain in Australia indefinitely. The most common permanent visas include some skilled work and family visas.
They always guide their clients in a good manner for their better future. The services provided me were very satisfying and remarkable.
Jaspreet Kaur, Study Visa
Excellent experience. From the website to everyone involved, they took an interest in my needs and put extra effort into fulfilling those needs.
Tanya Verma, Permanent Resident
Vancouver, BC, Canada
DS Immigration have shown great commitment to getting my skill assessment positive. They are very knowledgeable, co-operative and guided me well throughout the process from day one with precise documentation decisions at right time. Thanks to DS Immigration team.
Simranjit Singh, Permanent Resident
Vancouver, BC, Canada
It has been a good experience with DS Immigration with the entire process of VISA. DS Immigration Consultants truly help to gather all the documents, gives gentle reminders to keep the process on track. Thank you for the work done so far!
Pooja Sharma, Study Visa
Vancouver, BC, Canada